Let me introduce myself: I help organizations with digital strategies, data technologies, building digital ecosystems and the implementation of a digital assembly line. I am an international speaker, strategic consultant, trainer, entrepreneur, and (co) author of more than ten management books.
Paul Bessems in a nutshell:
- helps organizations with digital strategies, data technologies the development of digital ecosystems, blockchain organizing and the implementation of a digital assembly line to reduce digital waste;
- combines disruptive data technologies with fundamentally new organizational models;
- focuses on the organization of data supply and demand to reduce friction and improve productivity;
- moves between science and practice;
- offers new organization models and design tools, a network infrastructure and a transition program with dozens of own management books, articles, cases, courses and simulation games;
- has more than 30 years of experience in designing and developing new organizations that are fit for the digital future;
- is an expert in the field of digital transformation and advises on a strategic level and works industry agnostic.
Besides my work as a consultant/trainer, I am also chairman and fellow of the Weconomics Foundation. Weconomics facilitates the transition to a broader and more sustainable prosperity. Our mission is: ‘Work Less, Achieve More’. Weconomics is a network of hundreds op partners working together to realize the ambition: halving office work within one generation. I am also founder and fellow of The Institute for New Organizational Thinking, one of the Weconomics spin-offs and CEO of Weconomics Solutions, located in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, one of the smartest regions in the world. Weconomics Solutions helps organization to use new organization technologies such as distributed ledger technology and align these with new organization models such as shared information- and transaction networks.
I studied industrial engineering and management science at the Technical University in Eindhoven. In 1992 I introduced the Harvard Case Method in the Netherlands, developed several master programs for universities and developed two PHD’s research proposals. In 1992 I started Buro Staff Support, my first professional community. Since then I helped dozens of professional communities. In recent years, these communities more and more work with the concept of Blockchain Organizing.
I wrote 9 management books and co-authored 4.
If you are interested in my writing, consultancy, keynotes, presentations or work for the Weconomics Foundation, Weconomics Solutions, The Institute for New Organization Thinking and other organizations please check out:
- TV: How blockchain can work (Dutch television)
- Video: Blockchain Basics @ the Blockchain Innovation Conference (start 48:52)
- Website: Weconomics Foundation (Dutch)
- Website Weconet Technologies (English)
- Blogs (Dutch)
- Blogs (English)
- Books (Dutch)
- Articles, blogs and video’s (English & Dutch)
- Media (English & Dutch)